Magenta International are specialist recruiters in the Building Services maintenance sector and are currently looking for;
Vacancy: Commercial Heating Engineer
Reference: HTG ENG / DH3
Our client has been established for over 75 years and is a successful Building Services Contractor operating throughout the UK.
As part of their continued success in supporting private sector clients throughout the Central London region they are looking to recruit an experienced Engineers for Hospital and Schools repairs / maintenance contracts.
As a Commercial Heating Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out HVAC maintenance and fault diagnosis but those who have experience with air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing are also of particular interest.
- Carry out all maintenance tasks and PPM as scheduled to a satisfactory standard as directed by Service Desk to Customer specification and in house target levels covering Trade specific systems i.e. heating, plumbing, and Gas as appropriate.
- To undertake reactive works issued through the Service desk within set time frames to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Troubleshoot & carry out diagnostic and fault finding of plant and equipment as required and advise Customer, Supervisors & Account Managers of the repairs required.
- Maintain a high level of workmanship ensuring all areas where work has been carried out are left clean and tidy.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, customer in store e-based systems & administration and return to relevant parties as required, in real time (same day).
- Update all job details on PDA in real time
- Liaise with the Service Desk to order parts where vehicle stocks are depleted / specialist parts are required.
- Monitor and ensure van stock levels are appropriate to allow for a high first fix percentage
- Take a proactive approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as appropriate.
- To be capable of working from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
- Ensures the Company is promoted in a professional manner at all times, maintaining an appropriate attitude and appearance in front of the Customer.
- If assigned a trainee, mentor and coach them to make sure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to progress their level of competence and ultimately their career development.
- Communicate to supervisors and account team to ensure business quotes for identified additional works outside of the contract.
- Gas Safe
- Commercial Gas Qualifications
- Be able to work from technical drawing & specifications without need of direct supervision
- Previous DBS clearance preferred
- Full clean driving licence
If you would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to me or for further information contact David Housden on 01233 223712 or via email email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.